Friday, December 31, 2010

Brasília's Metro

I don't know why stumbling across a map of Brasília's metro made me even more excited to arrive in the city, but it did. I guess it just makes it more "real" since I am seeing a layout of the city that I will soon be calling home.

The map that I found is of the metro's numerous routes and they are color coded like other major cities do (i.e. New York City and Rio de Janeiro). I like this particular map because the city's neighborhoods are labeled and this should help us orientate ourselves better.

The school where I will be working is located in Lago Sul, adjacent to Brasília's Botanical Garden. I really like that fact. We haven't found an apartment yet so I can't way where our neighborhood will be, but I hope that it's relatively close to the school and the garden.




Source: Companhia do Metropolitano do Distrito Federal

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com