Sunday, December 19, 2010

Registering our Marriage


I am working on the paperwork to register our marriage with the Brazilian Consulate in Miami. This is the first step to me getting permanent residency in Brazil, so it has to be done now. It's very inexpensive, but it takes some time because we need notarized "testimonies" from Brazilians stating that E was single before he met me, as well as a simple letter written by me that attests to never being married to a Brazilian before. We also need to collect some documents (which we already have) and complete a simple form. As far as the country of Brazil is concerned, E is still single and as a result, we have to register our marriage at the nearest consulate since we were married in the U.S.  It's not too much, just a bit time consuming since we need to count on other people to help us through this stage. I will feel relieved when this is completed and we can then renew E's passport and apply for my residency.

We will probably take a quick trip to Miami sometime next week (after Christmas) to take care of this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com