Friday, May 20, 2011

Vet Visit #1


This afternoon I took my cat to his first veterinarian visit before he crawls onto a plane in a few months and moves far far away from the only home he's ever known. Well, when I say it that way it makes it sound like it'll be a tough move for him. The truth is, maybe it will. 


Although Sebastian was well behaved at the vet's office - even when the doctor felt him up to make sure he is healthy (which he is) and when he got his rabies shot. He didn't make a noise. Good boy. He jumped up on the scale and stayed long enough to be weighed. And how much does he weigh, you ask? 15.4 lb!! Woah. He's a big boy. But like the vet assistant said, it's not that he's fat; he's just tall. The issue with the weight is that I can take up to 10 kg - cat and kennel combined. As of now we should be fine, but that means he can't gain weight. For all you Americans out there, 15.4 lbs is 7 kg.


The problem that Sebastian gave me were on the way to the doctor and the way back. He cried and cried, non stop. Maybe he gets car sick. Well, he's going to have to get used to it (my poor baby) because he's about to take off on the trip of his life. Honestly, I'll think he'll be OK. He'll be with his parents, he'll be breathing in calming kitty spray and should calm down once he's settled on the plane. I hope. I'll make sure to buy him a comfortable carrier and take his toy with him. I also will ration what he eats before he travels so he doesn't have to use the litter box.


I'll take Sebastian on one more vet trip; next time it will be to get his international health certificate and to have a final exam a week before we depart. I feel confident that everything will go well like it did today and my kitty will be ready for his flight. Let's hope we're as ready as he will be :),


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com