Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rest & Relaxation in New York


We've been having a fabulous time since we arrived in New York State a few days ago. It's been wonderful! Our flights from Orlando to upstate New York ran very smoothly, both planes arriving early. We were greeted by my older sister and my darling, adorable, smilling, standing-on-ther-tiptoes-to-greet-their-aunt-and-uncle nieces, and then my stepdad was right behind her with a big smile on his face, as always.

I was suprised how green New York is; since I usually come "home" during the winter months I'm not used to this, but it's beautiful and a picture perfect way to see the state. I hadn't been here during the summer since '07 so it was a nice surprise. The weather has been perfect - in the mid 70s - and it hasn't rained much.

We've done so much already, too....relaxed with family and friends (spending time with everyone, going to my sister's softball game, hiking at Watkins Glen State Park near Ithaca, and yesterday we went to New York City for the day). So far our vacation couldn't have been better, and today my grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, sister and her family, and close friends are coming over for lunch.  

We'll probably go shopping tomorrow, but only after camping out with my nieces in the backyard tonight (so I guess I'll have to watch tonight's "True Blood" episode on-line at a later time). I can't wait for more family time.

For now I need to get ready for the mass for one of my best friend's mother's who we lost last month. This vacation has definitely been relaxing, despite all of the walking we did at the park and then throughout the City.

Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com