Thursday, June 23, 2011

Missy Elliot Battling Graves' Disease

For three years now, Missy Elliot has been battling Graves' disease, the hip-hop artist divulged to People. The disease, which takes a dramatic tole on the autoimmune system and thyroid, has been so debilitating to the star that she has had to dramatically change her everyday life......



"I was [driving and] trying to put my foot on the brake, but my leg was jumping," she recalled. "I couldn't keep the brake down and almost crashed. I couldn't write because my nervous system was so bad -- I couldn't even use a pen."


But the disease has not only had a physical affect on the star, it has also taken a told on Eliott's mental facilities. The 'Work It' singer was also plagued with mood swings and hair loss while undergoing radiation for hyperthyroidism.

via:pe

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com