Thursday, January 6, 2011

Phew. I am not a criminal.



In order for me to apply for the the permanent visa to live in Brazil, I am required (as an applicant over 16 years old) to obtain a "police certificate of no criminal record issued within 90 days". So, as long as I apply for the visa within 3 months after getting this document (which I have to do if I want my visa in time to move to Brazil), then I can ask my local police station for my police record now. Therefore, that is exactly what I did. I am so responsible.

I went to the Orange County Sheriff Department yesterday after work and got my "non-criminal police record".  It was extremely fast and easy to get. More so than I expected.  All I had to do was visit (any) police station in the county,  pay $10, and show my driver's license to prove my identity. It took the clerk  less than 5 minutes to give me the report. Maybe that's because I don't have a record.

What I am hoping now is that it is acceptable that this background check is only for one county - the one I live and work in. They cannot provide information from any other county, or state. This is, after all, not the FBI. Well,  I got what was asked of me and it seemed I was only one of few to walk out of the Sheriff's Office satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com