Friday, January 7, 2011

Show me Brasília

As I attempt to avoid my school work, I ran across an interesting, educational video on Brasília and its culture that I wanted to post; but because the image was not very clear, and it was in Portuguese, I decided to search for others. Instead, here are a couple of videos that I found about Brasília that show some of the beauty and uniqueness of this man made city. 

Brasília is barely 50 years old and was created to transfer the capital city awat from the southeast of the country. It was planned and built with the intention of being an asthetically pleasing city. I'd say that the architect Oscar Niemeyer succeeded. Enjoy!







Of course after watching these videos I'm even more ecstatic and anxious about my move; just thinking that this city will be my home soon enough gives me the goosebumps. I can't help that all that I want to do is travel (and live abroad). So, with my move only about 6 months away, I think about it all the time. I'm especially excited because I know very little about Brasília and the unknown is always exciting for me.

In fact, when I ponder back on the trips that I've made abroad, whether for school, pleasure, or work, I realize that when I ended up in cities/countries that I knew little or nothing about, I always had the best time. I don't expect this upcoming trip adventure to be any different.

For more information, visit Brasília: The Brazil's Capital

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com