Monday, January 3, 2011

Saudade

I miss Brazil. A lot. But I guess that's obvious. I mean, we're moving back to Brazil this year. And the title of this post can be loosing translated into "nostalgia".

All of this "returning to Brazil" business has started to make me think about the city Manaus; my E's hometown, the city I lived/worked/loved in for a year (after college).  I love Manaus, Amazonas and miss it like crazy. I can't wait to get back and am planning to visit next Christmas/New Years there this year.

These pictures were not taken by me, but they do represent my experiences.


Teatro Amazonas
The Port of Manaus
The Port of Manaus
The Amazon River (outside of Manaus)

Ponta Negra


In addition to the three trips that I made to Manaus (and I stayed there for one of those trips to work), I have also visited Porto Alegre (my first ever trip to Brazil), Rio de Janeiro (twice), and São Paulo. What is there not to like?


Porto Alegre

São Paulo

Rio de Janeiro

These pictures make me miss Brazil even more. Bateu saudade mesmo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com