Friday, April 22, 2011

Paixão de Cristo


I just thought I'd put it out there that the Miami consulate is closed for holidays - even on days that you may not expect because YOU have to work. This I found out two days ago. We had planned to take a trip to Miami today to pick up my visa (finally), and after speaking with a friend, I had the idea to check out whether or not the consulate was open to business on Good Friday (Paixão de Cristo). And, it wasn't.

I'm glad I figured this out BEFORE I took off the day off from work to travel a few hours (there and back). I had to "reschedule" which was not a problem; I'm just nervously anxious to have the visa in my passport. I mean, the school can get my ticket once I have the visa. Once I have the plane ticket I can make arrangements for my cat as well as shipping my personal belongings.

So, here are the dates that the Consulate-General of Brazil in Miami are closed during the year (2011):


01/17/11                - Monday - Martin Luther King Jr.

02/21/11                 - Monday - Washington's Birthday

04/22/11                 - Friday - Good Friday

05/30/11                 - Monday - Memorial Day 

07/04/11                 - Monday - Independence Day 

09/05/11                 - Monday - Labor Day

09/07/11                 - Wednesday - Independence of Brazil

10/10/11                 - Monday - Columbus Day 

11/11/11                 - Friday - Veterans Day 

11/24 -25/11           - Thursday/Friday - Thanksgiving

12/26/11                 - Monday - Christmas

01/02/12                 - Monday - New Year



I hope that no one makes the mistake of "visiting" the consulate on a date or time that they are closed from business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com