Monday, March 14, 2011

Growing Up To Be A Girl

I was in sixth standard when for the first time in my life, a guy asked me out. I was 11 or 12 years old at that time. He was a year older then me.
My mum had put me for math tuitions. That is where it happend.To this day I do not understand why he did that, I was this thin, dark(thanks to sun hot there!) dirty girl, who used roam everywhere in her bicycle not worrying about getting tanned or anything, playing on streets,with bruises on her knees all the time, I had no sense of dressing nor cared about it, I don't even remember combing my hair or washing my face. Yes I was that bad.
No one had ever paid me any attention, nor was I bothered. I was happy in my own world and little adventures.
I used to collect these mickey mouse stickers back then, one day that guy gave me one of those with those three words written behind it. Well, I was shocked. I didn't even know something like that happens in real life. I didn't know what to do. How could anyone can possibly look at me like that?? I am not that type of girl, I am not even pretty. None of my friends had experienced it how could it happen to me?? Why me?? Those were the only thoughts that came to me back then.
Whole incident changed me. I became shy. I started taking care of myself in public, I grew conscious with guys around. That is how I probably changed from careless kid on street to a GIRL.
Makes me think..Is it necessary for something to happen, to make us change and grow up?? Wouldn't we do it otherwise??


PS: What happend to story uh?? I ended up crying, everyone came to know, and his parents were called. Usual stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com