Thursday, March 10, 2011

Musical March Madness - Pires



I know that I've mentioned previously how much I love music, but I've decided to say, or rather show, it again by writing another blog entry and then again and another that include music. Throughout the month I will periodically post videos of Portuguese language songs (predominantly from Brazil) that I like.

In fact, one of the reasons that I became interested in Brazil in the first place was because of the music. I had studied the Spanish language and culture in South America before I took my first trip to Brazil, and Portuguese language music was everywhere, especially in the first couple years of this century.

I'd like to start off "musical March madness" with a few songs by one of my favorite Brazilian singers - Alexandre Pires. I first was exposed to his music by listening to the group So Pra Contrariar and I have been hooked ever sing. He sings in both Portuguese and Spanish, and is actually quite famous for the latter.

This video is one that is done with Gloria Estefan. It's called "Santo Santo" and I initially heard this song sung in Spanish by the duo; it's equally beautiful in Spanish:




Alexandre Pires LIVE and singing a few songs in one clip:



And finally, I'm a HUGE fan of not only Pires, but of Caetano Veloso. This is "Final Feliz" by two outstanding Brazilian artists:

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com