Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Less is more...

       I've been on vacation here for the last little bit dealing with some PC issues and whatnot, but I'm going to start making more of a concerted effort to right this TroxTalk ship. After reading some of your past emails, and talking with a few of my readers I've decided to switch gears a little bit when it comes to the posts on here. I tend to get a little wordy at times, and I realize not everyone has time to read a half hour dissertation every time they click over to TroxTalk. (And I'm still not completely convinced all of you can read.) So, with that in mind I am going to be trying something new for the next little while to see if it improves the overall experience for myself and (more importantly) for all of you. Basically, I'm leaning towards more posts, spanning over more topics, but with a slightly shorter format. I think it will be for the best. However, I'm still relatively new at this, so if it sucks, bear with me because I can always just switch it back.  

Trial and error, or trial by error, is a general method of problem solving, fixing things, or obtaining knowledge. "Learning doesn't happen from failure itself but rather from analyzing the failure, making a change, and then trying again." Works Cited: Wikipedia (take that English professors)

       Not that I consider this endeavor a failure to this point. I mean I am having fun, getting literally thousands of hits, and having some great interaction with people. In fact, considering this thing was supposed to be a way for me to vent and kill some time, I'd say TroxTalk is largely a success to this point. I love the Weekly Homework Assignment portion of the blog, so that is pretty much going to stay exactly the same. This week is the only exception because...let's just say my dog (computer) ate it. Nobody really felt like pausing their St. Patty's Day fun to email me pics anyway, so in hindsight it probably wasn't the best idea to begin with. Don't get me wrong. I may still do an old school post once in a while if I'm particularly stoked or pissed off about a given subject. The new content is just going to be a bit more pointed, and rapid fire. As always, I am open to suggestions, so if you aren't feeling it, let me know.
       Also, I've decided that I am not going to spam advertisements all over Facebook whenever I post something new. If I'm getting tons of reaction to a certain post I may throw it up there occasionally , but I've never cared meeting someone really cool who happens to be affiliated with some band, or cult, or Live Action Role Play group, and suddenly my FB news feed is being plastered with their "my band has 87 shows this month" or "I just became a level 17 Ninja-balloon artist". I honestly feel like I've built up a large enough number of viewers to pump the brakes on the shameless self-promotion. If I see the numbers slide I'll go back to being obnoxious about it. For now, I'll lay off. Did I just Tweet this to let you know that I will no longer be Tweeting this?...SHO NUFF! In the future TroxTalk will always be right here where you need it because the last thing I want TroxTalk to feel like is Farmtown...
       So, there's the update. I'll be making some tweaks (peep the new logo!) I'm still going to continue to keep it real by keepin' it real. I still hate Oprah, and I am still grateful for every single one of you slacker Troxaholics who follow along, and keep me grounded each day. Tomorrow is the dawn of a new day. Thanks for tuning back in. Here's a little something for your troubles...

                                                                 Warmest Regards,
                                                                  Trox



You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com