Sunday, March 13, 2011

Musical March Madness - Natiruts



Today's musical "shout out" during Musical March Madness is a taste of Brazilian reggae music. And it's from Brasilia. It is, therefore, my pleasure to present....Natiruts.

My husband recently started to listen (again) to this group, and as I am a fan of reggae music, and the Portuguese language, I immediately liked the band. I think I probably had heard them before, but if so I didn't connect the name with the music. I know of Tribo de Jah because E and I saw them in concert in Manaus in 2006, but I wasn't too familiar with Natiruts.

We actually listened to a number of songs performed by Natiruts on our last road trip to Miami; this was the trip we took a few weeks ago where I went to apply for my permanent resident visa. As I was nervous, the relaxing rhythm of Natiruts was the perfect soundtrack for our drive down south.

Here are two songs that we've repeatedly been listening to over the past month. The first one, "Presente de um Beija-Flor" (A hummingbird's present), is my preference. I especially like it when he sings...

Beija-flor que trouxe meu amor
Voou e foi embora
Olha só como é lindo meu amor
Estou feliz agora


AND I really like that Natiruts is from Brasilia and that they sing about Brazil's capital in their music (in this song in particular).





The second song I'm posting is another great song that's catchy. It's called "Quero ser feliz tambem".


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com